From the Day Resource Center page:
The City With Dwellings’ Day Resource Center (located at 633 W 4th St., Winston-Salem) is an inviting and hospitable place to stay in touch with our guests. Tuesday and Thursday from 9am to 11am, we continue the positive, grounding relationships that were started during the Overflow Shelter season. Our guests needs are always varied, and may include:
- facilitate phone calls to doctors, governmental agencies, hospitals for records, etc.; or
- provide a bus pass for a verified doctor’s or housing appointment, etc.; or
- use of computers to apply for a job online; or
- assist guests with fine-tuning their résumé; or
- celebrate with them because they are gainfully employed, are housed, were reunited with loved-ones; and/or
- a quick board-game while they wait; etc.
These two hours will quickly pass, and yet, these two hours can change the world. Your continued devotion to our guests and Winston-Salem now has a new outlet, signup today!